At the end of 1927, the city authorities for the Caudéran district asked the municipal architect Marcel Picard to design a project for a community centre, due to be built on a plot of land next to the Saint-Armand church. The plan was organised around the community centre. The latter takes up the central part of the building, which is composed of two levels (foyer and hall) and is flanked by two low wings devoted to offices and sports facilities. On the main façade, the sculptures in staff by Edmond Tuffet, representing Dance, Music and showers of roses inlaid in dedicated areas of the walls, are in typical Art Deco style.
The Théâtre la Pergola houses a school of music and is a venue for theatrical performances.